HUB- Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Programme (IEDP), Thiruvalluvar University
Thiruvalluvar University selected as a ‘’HUB’’ under the Innovation & Entrepreneurship Development Programme (IEDP) of EDII, Chennai. Thiruvalluvar University, is implementing the IEDP activities as a hub, supporting 36 spoke colleges to implementing the IEDP and registered in the EDII website, for the IEDP activities http://www.editn.in/spoke-registration-form.
Entrepreneurship & Innovation Development Program in Higher Educational Institutions
The innovation and entrepreneurial culture of a country are often regarded as a country’s greatest national advantages in an increasingly competitive world. This innovation infrastructure includes universities and colleges, research institutions, laboratories, and startup companies. The quality of these ecosystems has attracted many of the world’s best and brightest people to pursue careers in R&D and innovation in such countries. Many of these same minds become leaders and entrepreneurs across these nations – creating cutting-edge innovative products and services and building our great companies. As nations compete with each other for leadership in innovation, colleges, and universities are doing their part to maintain our leadership and to nurture more innovation, create processes and programs to commercialize innovations, and promote entrepreneurship as a viable career path for students. Universities use different approaches to encourage innovative thinking.
Objectives of this program
- Create a positive and dynamic entrepreneurship & Innovation ecosystem within and around higher education institutions Build entrepreneurial and innovation competencies of faculty, and students and Support growth and graduation of new high-impact enterprises of students, alumni, and locals
- Incentivise and support the creation and commercialization of intellectual property. The program is founded on three important
- College Entrepreneurial & Innovation Ecosystem Development Processes.
- Faculty & Student Entrepreneurship Competency Development Processes.
- Faculty and Student Innovation Promotion Processes.
- Top Management Orientation Programme.
- Faculty Development Programme.
- E-Leaders Workshop.
- Design Thinking Workshop.
- Business Plan Preparation Workshop.
- Awareness of Entrepreneurship & Innovation.
- Tamil Nadu Student Innovators – Awareness.
- Tamil Nad Student Innovators – Ideation Camp.
- Tamil Nadu Student Innovators – Boot Camp.
- Tamil Nadu Student Innovators – Final Pitch.
- Field Coordinators Training Programme.
- Master Trainers Training Programme Study & Exposure Visit for Field Coordinators.
- Awards & Recognition for College IEDP.
- Entrepreneurship & Innovation Development Programme for Outgoing Students.
- Intellectual Property Rights (PR) Workshop.
- Awareness of Social Entrepreneurship.
- Hub Level Review Meet.
Dr. A. Rajasekar, M.Sc., Ph.D.,
Assistant Professor (SG) of Biotechnology
Co-ordinator, Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (SDE)
Co-Ordinator “HUB” Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Programme (IEDP)
Mr.S. Jacob, B.Sc (Agri), MBA
List of Spoke Colleges
|S.No.||Name Of Institution|
|1.||Thiruvalluvar college of Arts and Science, Serkkadu|
|2.||SUN ARTS AND SCIENCE COLLEGE TIRUVANNAMALAI|
|3.||SSS College of Arts, Science & Management|
|4.||SRI BHARATHI WOMEN’S ARTS & SCIENCE COLLEGE|
|5.||SRI AKILANDESWARI WOMEN’S COLLEGE|
|6.||Sree Abiraami Arts & Science College For Women|
|7.||Sacred Heart College (Autonomous)|
|8.||RANIPPETTAI ARTS SCIENCES AND MANAGEMENT COLLEGE|
|9.||Puratchi Thalaivar Dr. M.G.R. Government Arts and Science College|
|10.||MERIT HAJI ISMAIL SAHIB ARTS & SCIENCE COLLEGE|
|11.||Marudhar Kesari Jain College for Women, Vaniyambadi|
|12.||M.M.E.S WOMEN’S ARTS & SCIENCE COLLEGE|
|13.||KAMBAN COLLEGE OF ARTS AND SICENCE WOMEN , THIRUVANNAMALAI|
|14.||K.M.G. COLLEGE OF ARTS AND SCIENCE|
|15.||INDO-AMERICAN COLLEGE, CHEYYAR|
|16.||INDO-AMERICAN COLLEGE, CHEYYAR|
|17.||Idhaya college of arts and science for women|
|18.||Government Thirumagal Mills College Gudiyattam|
|19.||GOVERNMENT ARTS AND SCIENCE COLLEGE, ARAKKONAM|
|20.||DLR ARTS AND SCIENCE COLLEGE|
|21.||DLR ARTS AND SCIENCE COLLEGE|
|22.||DLR ARTS AND SCIENCE COLLEGE|
|23.||DLR ARTS AND SCIENCE COLLEGE|
|24.||C. ABDUL HAKEEM COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS)|
|25.||C. ABDUL HAKEEM COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS)|
|26.||Auxilium College (Autonomous), Vellore|
|27.||Auxilium College (Autonomous), Vellore|
|28.||ARCOT SRI MAHALAKSHMI WOMEN’S COLLEGE|
|29.||ARCOT SRI MAHALAKSHMI WOMEN’S COLLEGE|
|30.||ARCOT SRI MAHALAKSHMI WOMEN’S COLLEGE|
|31.||Adhiparasakthi College of Arts and Science (Autonomous)|