The Placement Cell acts as a platform that bridges the industry and the students of the University. The Cell aids in organizing campus recruitment drives for job offers across various sectors. It liaisons with the industry for internship opportunities for the students. In addition, counselling is offered to students, regarding placements and higher education abroad. The unit also organizes leadership and training programmes whenever necessary.
To develop national and international links with the business organizations to be able to create meaningful relationship & opportunities for the placement of the students in the global job markets.
To develop students who are globally employable & ready hands to the industry.
To enhance the level of employability of the students, by equipping them with relevant professional skills and through proper nexus with reputed recruiters.
Activities of Placement Cell
- Interacting with the Potential Recruiters
- Placement Presentation at various companies.
- Organizing Resume Writing and Interview(s) skills development sessions
- To assist students to develop/clarify their academic and career interests, and their short and long-term goals through individual counselling and group sessions.
- Gathering information about job fairs and all relevant recruitment advertisements.
- Coordinating with companies to learn about their requirements and recruitment procedures.
- Identifying the needs and expectations of the companies to assist them in recruiting most suitable candidates.
- Organizing pre-placement training/workshops/seminars for students.
- Arranging periodic meetings with Human Resources Department of companies and TPO’s to promote recruitments.
- To assist students for industrial training at the end of the fourth and sixth semester.
- To provide resources and activities to facilitate the career planning process
- To act as a link between students, alumni, and the employment community.
- To assist students in obtaining placement in reputed companies.
Indian Healthcare BPO,Chennai has conducted campus placement drive for the B.Sc., and M.Sc., Life Science final year students at Thiruvalluvar University, Vellore and affiliated colleges on 09-02-2023. 246 candidates have been participated from 15 affiliated colleges and Thiruvalluvar University Departments. Among them 54 candidates are selected for Training and placement in Indian Healthcare BPO,Chennai with the monthly salary of Rs.15000/-.
DSK InnoSciences, Hosur has conducted campus placement drive for the M.Sc., Chemistry final year students at Thiruvalluvar University, Vellore and affiliated colleges on 20-02-2023. From various affiliated colleges and Thiruvalluvar University Department 74 students have been participated in written test. Among them 14 students are shortlisted for the interview at DSK InnoSciences, Hosur.
Naan Mudhalvan State wide Placement program on 07.06.2023
- Total number of students registered – 1179
- Total no of students participated in drive – 151
- Total no of industries registered– 19
- Total number of companies participated – 11
- Total number students shortlisted – 78
- Total placed students count – 48
- Salary range -1.8 LPA to 2.4 LPA
On 13-07-2023, campus recruitment was conducted by Muthoot Micro finance Ltd for the students of Arts and Science Colleges under the jurisdiction of the Thiruvalluvar University, which encompasses the Ranipettai, Vellore, and Thiruvannamalai districts of Tamil Nadu . Among 55 students from different institutions within Thiruvalluvar University’s purview attended the interviews held by the various employers at this job fair 16 students are selected for the posts Relationship Officer / Field Officer and Executive Trainee in Muthoot Microfin Ltd.,
Proacademia Ltd conducted a meeting regarding the online mentoring program initiative for the students of Arts and Science Colleges under the control of the Thiruvalluvar University. The placement officers meeting for Proacademia online mentoring portal initiatives was discussed.
T, Mohan Dhilak, Founder and Director of Proacademia online mentor portal have explained the uses of Proacademia online mentor portal. 30 placement officers were participated from various affiliated colleges of Thiruvalluvar University.
Dr. M. SYED ALI
Department of Mathematics, Thiruvalluvar Univeristy, Vellore’