School of Distance Education (SDE)
School of Distance Education (SDE) of Thiruvalluvar University has come into existence from the academic year 2011-12.
Special features of the SDE
- Reasonable fee for all Courses.
- 20% fee concession to all teachers, defence and police personnel, graduates of Thiruvalluvar University and ex-service men.
- Full waiver of tuition fee for the differently abled. (As per Government order)
- 20% concession in tuition fee for women who have not availed concession otherwise.
- Students undergoing regular courses in colleges will be permitted to join, another UG/PG course through Distance Education.
- Annual pattern of Examination (Non-Semester).
- B.Com., BBA and M.Com offered also in Tamil medium.
- Examinations twice a year.
- Hassle free admission process.
- A rich menu of job oriented courses.
- Candidates permitted to write the examination in Tamil also wherever applicable.
Revision Of Regulations And Curriculum
The University may from time to time revise, amend and change the Regulations and the Curriculum as and when found necessary. The University reserves the right not to conduct the programme at any stage in any PCP Centre without assigning any reason.
Courses Offered By The Tide And Eligibility Criteria For Admission:
School of Distance Education (SDE) offers the following Under Graduate / Post Graduate / Diploma and Certificate Courses under Non-semester pattern and courses of study are given below:
Under Graduate Courses offered: (Three years)
|Sl.No.||Courses||Medium of Instruction|
|4.||B.A. History||English & Tamil|
|5.||B.A. Economics||English & Tamil|
|6.||B.Com. (Commerce)||English & Tamil|
|7.||B.Com. (Corporate Secretaryship)||English & Tamil|
|8.||B.Com. (Computer Applications)||English & Tamil|
|9.||B.C.A. (Computer Application)||English & Tamil|
|10.||B.B.A.(Business Administration)||English & Tamil|
|11.||B.Sc. Mathematics||English & Tamil|
|12.||B.A. Yoga for Human Excellence||English & Tamil|